Spirit AI is a committed team of technology leaders from London to San Francisco and bring together some of the foremost thinkers in AI & NLP. We are disrupting the community moderation & conversational character creation through beautiful tools and the latest in AI, machine learning and natural language processing. As Project Manager, you have the exciting opportunity to manage Spirit’s projects delivering to industry leading, global clients, a role which carries important client responsibilities. You’ll need a good technical understanding as well as excellent stakeholder management. You’ll find yourself interfacing with cutting edge, industry leading clients, which means there will be fascinating people to meet, places to go, meetings to attend, all with the purpose of delivering disruptive technology which ensures online communities are safer & more inclusive.
Skills & Requirements
- Good technical understanding, must be able to interface with both business and software engineering individuals at all levels including the executive suite
- Adept understanding of the SaaS software development lifecycle
- Proven track record of consistently delivering on time and within budget within supplier/client projects (min 3 years)
- Experience in managing technical agile projects (min 2 years)
- Facilitated internal agile software engineering teams, with good understanding of both Scrum & Kanban methodologies
- Experience managing multiple projects in parallel
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of client needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools such as the MS suite, JIRA, GitHub, Slack.
- Planning & managing resources across multiple projects running in parallel
- Providing ‘scrum master’ services to the engineering team, including managing the processes and artifacts, task prioritisation and ensuring the team is kept abreast of relevant project information
- Monitoring progress across all projects, collecting data and communicating this data in an effective way ensuring all stakeholders are adequately informed.
- Quality and satisfaction – ensure what is delivered to stakeholders is what they are expect and effectively managing expectations when things change.
- Requirements gathering – collecting client requirements throughout the duration of the project and facilitating the prioritisation of such requirements
- Facilitate the development of project plans and responses to RFPs
- Seeking out key stakeholders within clients and then developing and nurturing relationships
- Effectively managing risks and issues, resolving issues quickly and mitigating risks as they arise
- Building project governance models and stakeholder communication matrixes